Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh, my.



Today started of great enough (as you can tell by the picture of our scientist up there), and remained fairly great throughout. Daniel's parents came to visit for the day, and wanted to take Lydia to Chuck E. Cheese's. I was so game for it...until we got there. I think every kid in Tuscaloosa was there. As soon as we walked in LG had a major meltdown. She recovered rather quickly (though, not very gracefully) and proceeded to comit a misdemeanor (yeah, my kid is a thief...). She stole this (granted, it was on the floor and no one was near it...):


As most of you know, she is NOT the birthday star...today anyways. But what can I say, she likes being the center of attention. And a bright red crown gets it. Since no one claimed it, I let her keep it. She played tons of games with her grandparents and some with us too. She loved the tickets...probably a little too much. She ended up with 426 of them (thanks in large part to her father).


However, what proceeded to happen to those tickets was not nearly as cool as what it took to win them. My lovely, dear, exasperating mother-in-law tore. them. apart. one. by. one. As anyone who has been to Chuck E. Cheese's lately knows that they no longer do the basket weighing. Which means I had to sit my (large) behind in the floor...and put the tickets in the counting machine ONE. BY. ONE. That was the least cool thing I have done this month (though I almost beat up a 10 year old boy for running over Lydia...twice... that would have been way less cool as I rode to the police department in cuffs). Four hundred and twenty six small tickets, shoved into a tiny slot. It was torture .

That being said, Miss Priss appreciated it and picked herself out a nice bouncy ball, some stickers (for potty treats) and a yummy sucker (that I didn't get a chance to photograph what was left of it on her face).  Since I don't have a picture of that sweet little face, I will leave you with this one:

 
enjoy. :)

4 comments:

MommyIvy said...

Lydia is just too cute!

Jenny said...

lol, that's a great picture. :)

Holly said...

She's so funny! Mommy I need more tickets! I don't have nearly enough! lol Oh my gosh that had to be a pain in the butt to put each one in the slot or whatever it was.

Emily Emfinger Johnson said...

Oh Holly, it was a pain. The slot is covered by a plastic dome to keep the long strings of tickets from tangling. But I had to reach under it each time to put a single ticket it.